Monday, November 1, 2010

M&M with a jet pack

Fall is in the air, and I am in love with it! I'm not sure if it's the yummy pots of chili, potato and veggie soups, or if it's the cool breezes with the aroma of spiced punkin pie candles burning, but something about this time of the year gives me some pep in my step! Which the pep in my step could also be coming from the ridiculous quantity of Halloween candy I consume at this time of the year. Anybody that knows me, knows that I have a sweet tooth that will eventually tell its tale on my dental records, so for candy to be so readily available (especially all the good kinds that you never see during the rest of the year), you know I can't resist! 
Aside from all that I mentioned above that makes me love fall, of course just the Halloween holiday in itself is enough to get excited about! I love Halloween simply because you can dress as whatever or whoever you want, and nobody will say a thing about how you look! And besides for that very good reason, how can you not love it when you see your child's eyes light up over a costume and hear their sweet little voice saying "Trick or Treat!", and then seeing the excitement that comes over them when they see that they have recieved a treat of their favorite kind. Although i get so excited over Halloween, Trenton absolutely does not. I have never seen a kid that would rather eat fruit than candy like him. No, I by no means am complaining about it! It actually makes me as proud as they come! :) But with that being said, you will understand why Trenton does not get as excited about the holiday events. He could care less if he gets a piece of candy or not... therefore, He just likes to dress up and parade around the sidewalks in his costume. It's actually really cute! This year he decided to be Boba Fett from StarWars.. Of course he had to have a blaster gun, and inflatable jet pack to make his costume complete. When I say jetpack, I am referring to an unusually big one! Big enough that he has already stated he is going to use it as a float at the pool in the summer! If you are picturing what I am in your head, you get the humor I do in that!
Before the weekend was here, Trenton and I were watching tv and he saw the new M&M's commerical where they have added the pretzel in them. To me, It is just something consuming our time between our much anticipated scary movie. To Trenton, it was a light bulb going off over his head. A few minutes after thinking, he looked at me and said< "I dont think I want to be Boba Fett for halloween anymore. I wanna be an M&M wearing a Jetpack!" Speechless I was! Then the laughter kicked in. Little did I realize, he was dead serious about it! For a week he referred to what he would do if he really was an M&M with a jetpack! Kids always seem to have imaginations but Trenton has one that is out of this world! It is something that I definately enjoy myself being it keeps my mind young, stress free, and reminds me of the humor in every day life that a lot of people have come to forget about. How can you live without smiling? Why in the world would you want to? Sad to say, but most pick to focus on anything negative in their life.. and they think the one's who have a care free spirit are the weird ones!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment