Sunday, November 21, 2010

Do a dallop of Daisssssy

Sundays... I love them but oh how I hate them. I always think I am going to get up and get my groove on when it comes to the house work and I always do nothing more than sit on the couch and watch lifetime movies, or whatever else may be pleasing to the eye on tv. I'm lucky to get out of my jammies on sundays! :) And I'm sure you know that when you have a boring, unsuccessful day of just sitting around, your brain starts to think about everything from the time you were 5 and up.. lol Hence, the random memories and thoughts of mine in which you are about to indulge in....and the random title of this blog. :)

For one, I can not get that stupid commecial Do a dallop of a daisssssy out of my head. First off, what exactly is a dollap? A spoonful? But what kind of spoon, a teaspoon or tablespoon? Nothing else referrs to using a dallop... I have never opened a cookbook and it tell me to use a dallop of sugar...

Remember L.A. Gear? I wanted a pair of those so bad when I was a kid and never ever got a pair. My mom was totally into the plain white keds for me, with a big frilly bow to top if off as if it were the cherry on top of icecream. All I wanted was a pair that lit up with the pink lights.. especially for the field trips to Mammoth Cave when it was all dark inside the cave. :) Needless to say, being I never had a pair, I think Trenton has had atleast 15 pairs. One of those things a mother does.... if you wanted it when you were younger and never had it, you make sure it is one of the first things you mark off your list to get your own child.

And the saying goes "Do you not feel good?" Words that leave a mother's mouth far too often. For some reaosn earlier today, I had a memory of when Trenton was a wee little tot cross my mind. Of course, Trenton had heard me ask him a million times "Do you not feel good?".. One day I could tell that Trenton wasn't feeling the best, and later on in the evening he came to me and layed his head on my lap and said "Mommy, my feel good hurt." Making it one of my fondest memories of him as a child and also the beginning to a phrase I say often when something upsets me..."Well, that hurts my feel goods!"

And onto something I considered to be a very messed up thing... Do you not think that it is weird that in order for 2 people to be together and remain married, they both have to go get prescribed medication? Soooooo....... you both have to be on medication in order to be together? Do you not see something wrong with that? Who does that and who would want to live that way? And they feel they have the nerve to talk about others.. :) It is almost comical...

Why is it that when you clean your house and have it all spic and span and perfectly clean, you will make sure to keep up the good work for a few weeks because you enjoy the smell and feeling of everything in place BUT, once you take 2 days off and it all goes to hell within those 2 days, you just can't seem to make yourself get started on it? And the whole time it is in this condition, you are stressed about it and it makes your whole mind seem cluttered, yet you will still just sit and stare at it. I am beyond guilty of this act and I am yet to figure it out. You would think it would motivate you to get it cleaned back up again but it just gets worse day by day, then making you overwhelmed on just how big of a mess it is almost making you feel like you just dont know where to start... and to think, I let it get this way when I absolutely hate a messy house.. weirdo. I know.

And when do you find the perfect house temp? I mean holy cow! I am burning up one minute, freezing the next. I don't think the ideal temp exists on my thermostat! And I have a grave feeling that my power bill is going to show that this ideal temp is non existent...

And how in the world does someone just brutally murder someone? I mean, anyone is capable of killing. And you can't deny that because if someone were to break into your home and it was either you kill them or they kill you or your family, you would kill them. But to just scope out someone and cold hearted murder them... that is a different story. I mean hell, I feel bad if I just squish a bug that is minding his own business going across the driveway, let alone intentionally taking the soul of another being from this earth. And it almost seems like it is the people that you would never imagine... or picture as being the stereotypical murderer you see on movies, etc...

Surely, I am not the only person that has trouble with this one either... Why is it so hard to throw away anything that has your child's writing on it? I swear, it doesnt matter if it is just math worksheets that Trenton has had to do a million times at school, if I don't throw them away right then while in the mind set of doing so, later on it is dang near impossible for me to find it in my heart. I have so many of his papers from school that he has drawn or wrote on stored away. Precious memories for sure!.. Even if they are just taking up space in a box. And of course anything that has MOM wrote on it, definately is a must keep! :)

And although I am definately enjoying my time of expressing my random thoughts for this boring sunday, I do believe there must be a moment where I decide to shower and atleast put some deodorant on for the sake of all man kind that will be around me... So of course, more to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment