Saturday, January 29, 2011

Last nerve? Hell, I don't have one left!!

Growing up I was never allowed to have friends over very often. When they did get to come, it was a big deal to me. Almost as if it were a special treat. It was not until I was in middle school that I got to have friends over on a regular basis. And believe it or not, as a child I used to rack my brain over this. Especially since my brother got to have friends over all the time it seemed. Little did I realize at the time, my brother is 7 yrs older than me. When I was 7 wanting my friends over, I didn't realize my brother was 14. He was out of the dependent stage, the obnoxious stage. The stage that my son's friends remind me of now. I now realize why friends didn't come over until we were older. I am not sure if it is truly the fact that I am only used to having 1 kid around who in fact most of the time, you wouldn't know is around or what but he has a friend over for a sleepover tonight and I now realize why I myself am pulling the same strings as my mother once did. I know why I have put this off as long as possible for the past month. No, I am not a kid hater... just one of those people that only certain kids do me this way for some reason. One reason is because I always feel out of control towards the other kid. I can't threaten to ground him like I can Trenton and they aren't stupid and know this. And naturally, when he wants to do something, Trenton does it even though he knows better. But I feel like I can't ground Trenton for it, because his friend won't be in trouble. I don't think its very fair for him to get hell the wrath of me because of his friend getting on my nerves.... So, let me entertain you by going into the happenings that have crawled under my skin since 4:00 pm today.....

1.) Beautiful day outside! Gorgeous! Trenton was all up for playing outside and enjoying the day while it lasts, because if you didn't know already, the weatherman is calling for ice and snow starting Wednesday.. AGAIN. So the boys come in and put their things down, Trenton ready to go. Lucas. No. Not having it. It is "cold" to him. Actually he said "freezing". When I told him it was over 50 degrees, his excuse then turned into "I promised my mom I wouldn't go outside". Okay that might have worked if his mother hadn't have just left from taking him to the park. So when I mentioned that, of course he got silent. Well 45 minutes later, they decide to go outside which leads us into happening #2.

2.) Boys decide to get out the toy guns and go play outside. I hear the awfullest noise in Trenton's room so I go in there to check out what is going on. Lucas is in the closet tearing everything apart. Clothes off the rack and all. When I asked what he was doing, he said he was looking for a certain gun. A gun that neither Trenton nor I have any clue that he is talking about. So I bring it to his attention "why are you in the closet looking for this gun when there aren't even any toys in the closet?"... "OH", is his response. Then followed by "well, I don't know where it would be then?"... Umm... how about the toy bin where all of the other ones are? I mean geesh.. then he had the nerve to stand there and tell Trenton to find it. I don't think so buster! If you want to play with it.. you can look yourself. Don't be bossy!

3.) they finally make it outside, without the gun that doesn't exist to begin with, and manage to leave the door open. So in a not mean way, I reminded them not to be running in and out, and not to leave the door open because of Josie. They both said sorry and went on about their playing. Sounds like a good deal right?.. WRONG! Lucas ran in the house every bit of 50 times for the most retarded reasons I have ever seen in my life. Seriously. He came in to tattle that Trenton was peeing outside. Are you serious?! I thought that was just what boys did... Heck, David will pee outside before he will in a toilet. Just something every guy does... well all except for Lucas apparently. And in the mix of this running in and out, I hear them playing. But I hear them entirely too well for them to be outside and me in the house, and at the opposite end of the house. I go to look and low and behowe, the door is wide open. When I mentioned to them that I told them to leave the door shut, which I also knew Lucas was the last one in the house while Trenton was peeing outside, Lucas had the nerve to look straight at me and tell me he didn't hear me say that. Now he has lied. Yeah, yeah it may just be a door and I possibly would have gotten over that much easier had he not lied to my face about it.

4.) Dinner time. I cooked a lasagna, and also got a pizza for the boys. Pizza. something every kid loves right? Wrong again! Lucas informs me he doesn't like lasagna, or pizza. Weird part... he ate 3 pieces of pizza at the school pizza party last week. So what do you do? Normal rule is that you eat what I have cooked, or you will just be hungry. But, I can't necessarily make someone else's child go by this rule because it could be taken as I didn't feed him..... so I start asking what he wants. Apparently this kid eats nothing. No sandwiches, no spaghetti o's, nothing. Finally we came to an agreement... fruit loops.

5.) He is scared of everything, including himself apparently. This kid has walked through the house 4 different times and jumped and screamed at the top of his lungs and said he saw something. Which, He saw nothing. Possibly his own shadow, but other than that, nothing.

6.) I decided to let them have a late snack of milk and teddy grahams. First, Lucas had never heard of Teddy Grahams. WHAT? Who hasn't heard of them? They are the shiznit!!! Well, I fix their milk and cookies and actually let Trenton take it to his room. A while had passed so I went in to tell them to take their milk glasses to the sink if done. Trenton informs me that Lucas spilled his milk. I know accidents happen, no biggie. But the thought of spilled milk in the carpet that was not cleaned up caused my blood to boil. All I could think was that it was going to sour in the carpet and Trenton's room was going to smell like old, stale, clabbered up milk. I asked Lucas why he didn't tell me.. his response, "I didn't know I spilled it?"... ummm ok. I look over, and the glass is standing upright like it is supposed to. So if you spilled milk and didn't know it, wouldn't the glass still be laying on its side? yes.... Then Trenton belted out the famous sentence of the night.. "Lucas you lie! You told me you spilled it and I even stepped in it!" Another lie. I maybe shouldn't have done this, but at the moment, I couldn't resist from doing it. I asked Lucas why he wouldn't tell me that he spilled it? While he just sat there staring at me, i asked him what he does at home when he spills something? He still just sat there. So I continued with my interrogation.. "Do you not tell your mom or grandma when you spill something at home? or do you just leave it in the floor there too?" finally he spoke up and said he cleans if up himself at home without telling anyone. Oh hell no! "So why would you not come ask for a towel to clean it up then if you know you are supposed to clean spills up?" A shrug of the shoulders was all that I received. Now, tomorrow afternoon, Trenton's carpet shall be shampooed.

5.) As I mentioned that this kid is afraid of everything earlier, he was in fact afraid of something that I could not even grasp at the moment. While fixing his and Trenton's milk, I pulled out 2 plastic cups from the cabinet. One was a halloween cup... it's clear and has the layer of water around it that splashes around with little floating bats in it, the other was made the same except christmas and had snowflakes that floated in the water layer. I sat them on the counter to get the milk and Lucas starts screaming "No, those have water in them!" When I explained that they didn't and even showed him, he was still convinced that they did. And then spotted the bats and was bound and determined that they were old and had spiders in them. OH.MY.GOD!!! I literally thought I was going to go crazy trying to pour these 2 glasses of milk.

6.) Apparently he is a runner. A wide open runner. Doesn't matter if he is just coming out of Trenton's bedroom to tell me something, or going to the bathroom. He runs. And while he runs he sounds like an elephant running through the house, and shakes everything in the house. I don't like runners in the house.

7.) We have a tattle-tail on our hands. Big time. He apparently finds it necessary to tattle on Trenton if he hears him breathe funny. And I can hear him the bedroom telling Trenton, If you don't watch me play this game I'm going to tattle on you. Seriously? What the hell?

8.) Demander. He has informed/demanded that Trenton give him things tonight. I overheard this while sitting in the living room and called Trenton out for a talk between the two of us. Trenton told me what all he was wanting, and told me that he didn't want to give it away because he liked it but he didn't want Lucas to get mad. I cleared it up really quick that what is Trenton's is just that and nobody elses. Thankfully the demanding of objects stopped.

Don't judge me by this... because I do realize that I sound like a bitter bitch about this kid. Not normally. Last time he spent the night it wasn't as bad as tonight as been by any means. He stayed the night before Trenton's Birthday and stayed the next day for the birthday party. They were angels the night before but the next day the tattling started at Trenton's birthday party. I admit, by the time the party was over I was a nervous wreck and ready for him to go home and thought that maybe just the stress of so many kids had gotten to me. Tonight has been a different story. I am not sure if it is because he has stayed the night before, so he is more comfortable this time or what it is, but I am ready for tomorrow afternoon to come around so that I can go back to my very peaceful life of having only 1 child around. I am used to Trenton and only him. Any other kid and it's just not the same. I don't understand their personalities as I do my own son... I'm hoping tomorrow will be much better and I will maybe be a little bit more used to having him around by morning. And by all means, I am definitely hoping that some of these "Happenings" happen no more! And I honestly almost feel guilty for feeling this way tonight because he is Trenton's best friend at school... and Trenton has been begging for him to stay. At first I thought it was because they were just so excited to be having a sleepover... I have came to the conclusion that is not what the problem was. What can I say....I am a creature of habit. I am used to sitting at home with David and Trenton without the sound of running through the house, lieing, screaming, and demanding. And I know this isn't just me imagining this, because Trenton has been as good as gold through all of this. Everything I have said, I have not had to repeat twice to him at all. And being that I haven't had to get onto Trenton all night, I know it isn't just me being in a bitchy mood. And I am sure I sound awful admitting to feeling this way tonight.... but if you have a child, I am sure you have encountered something of the sort along these lines that you can refer to! Pray for me that tomorrow is going to be a much calmer mood for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment