Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pet peeves

Ok, so everyone has pet peeves right? And although you have your #1 and #2 pet peeves that stand out to your more than anything... if you're anything like me, you learn everyday that you have more than you ever realized. Being that most of the time people refer to something they dislike as a pet peeve, and most of the time won't remember that it is considered one of their pet peeves... I myself declare myself guilty of this also.... I decided to keep a list of my pet peeves.  Of course you're welcome to read it... but keep in mind if you do, you are now aware of them so you have no excuses as to when you break them! ;)

1. People smacking their food. Unfortunately this is my #1. Why do I say unfortunately? Well, my mom is a smacker at times, my husband smacks far too often, and I have a friend that is the world's worst at smacking. If you call me and are eating and smacking in my ear, I will hang up on you.

2. back to #1- don't call me while you are eating.

3. Know it alls. They think they do, and they have no clue. Don't get me wrong, if you are actually smart and am telling me something of interest or are making sense, I do not consider you a know it all. But for the people who think they know it all and are always wrong, I dislike the quality in you.

3. Been there and done that. It's ok to share stories. I love sharing stories and I love hearing stories. But I do not like it when someone says they have went and done the same thing but know  nothing about it which leads me to think they never went and done it to begin with along with them then acting as if they know about it better than you but have no clue also. It's okay to admit if you haven't been able to do it yet but would like to, but don't try to be something or someone you are not.

4. People who share too much info. Yes, people share their lives. I do myself. And that is OKAY. But when you start sharing things that are absolutely disgusting that nobody wants to hear or think about you doing. Ever. STOP

5. Liars. Refer back to #3. I cant stand a liar. Lieing to me is one of the biggest things that will turn me on you. And the funny thing is that most true liars will lie to you about things you never asked or insinuated that you would like to know. Nobody cares if you want to say you use colgate in the mornings to brush your teeth but in all truth you are a crest kinda person.

6. A thief. Nobody can trust a thief. I myself definitely dont.

7. People who think they are better than everybody else. What really makes you think you are better than the next? The fact that you are $100,000 in debt so you can drive the newest of cars and live outside of your means? No. This just makes you foolish.

8. Unfit mothers. No mother will ever admit to the fact that she is a bad one. I'm yet to hear of any admit to their fault. But I do believe that it says everything you should know about a woman's character if she is not a good mother. Just because you say you love them, doesn't mean that proves to everyone you do. Also, here is a little hint that apparently didn't get whispered to you by God the minute you got pregnant... Life is no longer about you. It is about your kids. No longer does it matter what you have, it's only about what you are able to give your child. It's okay if you can't buy yourself new clothes because you want to buy your kids new ones. And it is also okay that you no longer get to go and do as you please. I promise the hugs and kisses from the little ones running around the house will make up for any drinking and laughing you would do with a group of friends who more than likely just talk smack about you when you aren't around. :)

9. No life. Refer back to #5. I know everybody in the nation has facebook pretty much. And it is okay to tell people about your life on it as we all do pretty much. But if you live an ordinary life with no excitement, it's okay. You don't have to go on there and make up ridiculous things that are so far fetched in order to make it look like you do. Hint- breathing is living. So next time before saying your 1 week old is walking- just say, I breathed today. :)

10. People who think they are funny and are not.  I love a funny person! I love to be around them, hear them tell stories, and laugh until I cry with them. But I can't stand when someone is saying something that they think is hilarious and it is nowhere near it. And I really can't stand when nobody laughs at it so they keep repeating themselves over and over and over again in order to try to get someone to laugh. I also don't like it when people always say "I'm so funny". You just took the funny out when you say that. Someone who is truly funny doesnt have to think about what to say or do, it just happens natural. And you will never hear of them saying I think I'm funny. The sit and don't respond when you talk about how funny they truly are.

11. 2 faced jokers. I can't stand a backstabber. Everybody talks about everybody. I don't care who you are. You may not do it with everyone but I know you have that one friend that you feel comfortable enough to talk to about anything you think or feel, including talking about someone else. And just because you talk about someone does not mean you are dogging them. There is a big difference. You may talk about things that a person does that bothers you and things they do that you don't agree with but I don't consider this talking bad about people. [Example 1 : Yeah I just can't handle Suzie very much. She's a party girl and I'm just not into it].  [Example 2: I cant stand being around Suzie. She's nothing but a crack whore who smokes and F#&ks everything in town. No way that bitch doesnt have an STD... hey hold on a second thats Suzie calling right now... *waiting for you to click back over*... Hey I swear I had to hang up on her. SHe gets on my nerves so bad. *knowing all along you have Suzie waiting on the other line*.. But Hey, I guess I'm gonna get up off here, I have things to do. *CLICK* Hey Suzie! Whats up girl? What are you getting into tonight? Yeah I was talking to Gretchen. Yeah I know she totally gets on my nerves. I can barely even find the nerve in me to answer the phone when she calls.] NOW... do you see the difference in talking about someone and backstabbing them? Big Difference!!!

12. people who lie on YOU. Refer to #5 and # 11. I can't stand when someone goes around and does things they know is wrong and then when they are talking to people tell the story of what they did and put your name in it to make it look as if they would never do it. They turn their own life story into yours and every bit of it is a lie in order to fool people into thinking they would never on earth do anything of the sort which then gives you a bad reputation for something you have never in your life done. People like this can crawl in a hole and wait until the light of God hits them and nobody would care. Well scratch that, I wouldn't care.

13. People who buy clothes because of the name not the look. Refer back to #7. Just because it has Hollister, Abercrombie or whatever wrote on it does not mean it makes it the best. Some of the best clothes I own have no logo wrote on it. Yes I buy my son Abercrombie but not because of the name, but because of the style. If you have a son, you know clothes of fashion are hard to come across for boys. You can get the same look from non-designer brand clothes. Oh wait. You saw Dolce & Gabbana's newest outfit in a magazine that consisted of some tore up jeans, a white blouse, and gray scarf for only $2,300. But wait- can't you buy a pair of torn jeans for $19.99 (or tear an old pair up yourself as I do), a white blouse for less than $20 and that is over estimating, and a gray scarf for $9.99 and pull off the same look? Yes my dear, you can!

14. Complainers. Don't share with the world everything your spouse does that pisses you off and then the next day talk about how they do so much for you. Getting pissed at them and saying something here and there is one thing, but to do it almost everyday and then talk about how in love you are. You may be in love with them, but your words are speaking louder than your actions. And why complain all the time about everything in your life? Most of the time the people who complain the most are the one's who have no drive to change it, therefore that kicks you out of the sympathy competition.

15. People who dog other's on facebook. Refer back to #7, #9, and #11.

16. Copycats. Be yourself. Nobody cares if your not like everyone else. But they do care if you copy every little thing they do. I really do care. So, don't be a copycat and then claim you are not.

17. Hypocondriacs. Just because you read about Toxic Shock Syndrome on your tampon box does not mean you have it. And just because you diagnose yourself online also does not mean you have it either. Web Md is not more accurate than a real doctor. Well maybe around here at times, but you get what I mean.

18. Immaturity. I know quite a few people who have this trait and it drives me crazy. They are some of the most immature people I know but also claim to be very mature at the same time. Double Standard. ugh!

19. Jealousy. Who wants to feel that way all the time? What good is it doing for you if you are doing nothing to change your life to make it how you want? Exactly! And what makes you think that everywhere you go people are looking at your man when he in fact is by far nothing to look at? Also, when people claim they are not jealous of other girls when in fact they truly are. They think they are fooling everyone by saying they are not, but if you keep assuring me that your not but your actions speak different, then we all know the truth behind it.

20. People fishing for compliments. Can't stand to hear/ read this! If someone wanted to tell you that they think you are pretty, they would. [Example- I am from Virginia.... * a few minutes later after everybody else is on a different topic* Hey, have you ever noticed how everyone from Virginia is ugly?] Get my drift? :)

21. People who think they are hot and are not. Refer to #20. I don't like when someone claims to be hot. And they may very well be, but if you are, people already know it. You don't have to advertise it. And I really don't like when someone is really not hot, but really think they are. In all truth, I have never looked in the mirror and thought "damn I look good!", and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with thinking it. It's just when you come out of the house looking like a new version of a prostitute mixed with the orange of a jersey shore cast, along with enough make up to fix up an entire army ready for war, you obviously have to try very hard to look your best, and honey what I really mean.... it is definitely not your best.

22. People with bad make up. Refer to #21. I am a makeup wearer. I go nowhere with out. But I do not spend over 15 minutes on my make up. Just because you wear more, does not mean it looks better. And the eyeliner just on the bottom, is not the way to go. Also another hint- blend your eyeshadow and your 2 off toned makeup line on the jaw! :)

23. Girls with mustaches. There is no excuse with todays techniques such as waxing, electrolosis, and if you can't afford either. I swear I'd shave the mf'er off before I walked around with one thicker than my husbands.

As of right now, I have pin pointed my top dislikes also known as pet peeves. I'm sure in the next bit of time, I will soon realize a slew more I have to offer for your entertainment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment