Sunday, January 23, 2011

Redlines

Shopping. Every Mostly every girl's idea of a good time! Funny how most of the time when we think about getting out and shopping, we always think of it being with our female relatives or girlfriends. Never do we think about our husbands or boyfriends getting out and truly enjoying it with us. Although most of the time you can atleast talk them into going, after a few stores, they usually make it very clear that they have had their "shopping experience" and are quite over the rush of it. My 8yr old son exhibits this same male trait. First he will complain of his feet being tired, then it will follow into "my butt gets tired" when you suggest for him to sit down in a chair while you look around. I know a lot of women get upset at their mates for it, but in all honesty, men can't help it. It's something that is deeply rooted into their DNA and has not and will not evolve over time. With that being said, when David does go shopping with me and is patient and actually acts as if he is enjoying himself, it does nothing except put me on cloud 9!!! I love being able to say that my husband goes and does stuff with me and doesn't ruin it with a bad attitude. I don't get the whole thing some girls do to where they want their boyfriends to go everywhere with them but then complain about how bad of an attitude he has the whole time and how they cant stand it. Seems like you would just suck it up and rather go alone and atleast enjoy yourself somewhat rather than going with someone and being miserable the whole time. But hey, I am not in that situation in life right now so where do I have the right to judge them for that.... right? Even if we are just shopping for something for me in specific, David still manages to stay focused with me. He points out things he likes, things he knows I would like, things he swears would look awesome, and make sure to stand there and have the perfect answer for any complaint I may have about how it looks or fits. Dont get me wrong, if it doesn't look good, he definitely will not lie to me about it! Which I love about him!! I know you've done it... I have, we all have.... you know, when you go shopping with someone and they are trying on something and ask what you think about it. I know there have been times where you have thought it looked god awful on them but you tell them you like it anyway. And as mean as it may be, you still don't speak a word of the true reality obtaining to this ill fitting garment as they swipe their card with a total of $60 + and sign the waver releasing them into the world with a fashionista no-no that you could have prevented 100% if you had just spoke the truth. Wonder why we are all guilty of doing this at some time or another? Is it because we are afraid to hurt our friends feelings so we feel like lieing to them makes it better?  Or is it that you secretly want that friend to look bad for just one day in their life? Or maybe, you really just dont give a darn about what they wear to begin with. But does lieing to them really make it all that better? I mean here we are worried about how they are going to feel for a few minutes in an empty dressing room, yet we don't think about how they are going to feel when people are staring, whispering, laughing, and talking about what they are wearing the day they come out of the house ready to debut this new embarassment, catastrophic, wardrobe. Now, don't get me wrong by any means, I definitely don't need you to point out how jiggly it makes my stomach look, but you telling me that it is not the shirt for me, I will NOT get my feelings hurt at all! :)

So I bet you're wondering where my whole rambling persona of shopping came in? Well, David and I went shopping this weekend and I have to say, I had the best time! It was great trying on new clothes and seeing him in some new clothes. Seeing what each other thinks is attractive on the other, and knowing you are getting somthing that the other finds you to cha-cha for words in! It was great to just walk around without being on a "mission" to get what ya need and get home as quick as possible. It was great to just walk around and browse at our own leisure and not feel rushed or like the other was getting impatient. You know your husband is doing a good deed when he is trying to look at things for himself, yet still manages to hold onto your jacket, purse, and armful of clothes you have already picked out to try on all while you are still managing to dig in the sale piles to see what other good finds lurk in the depth of the cotton mountain. I am a bargain shopper! All about some sales! And speaking of sales... boy did we find some good ones! I myself am not a GAP shopper. Their clothes just do not fit me worth a dang.... so being I never go in there to shop, I tend to forget about their childrens clothes. Which, no longer will I ever forget this because I managed to rack up on a slew of clothes for my little Trenton Lane for an amazing price! Don't get me wrong, I love getting new clothes but there is just something about buying Trenton clothes that I love even more. Boys are most definitely harder to find "cute" clothes for, so when I do, I am a binger! There is a true art in dressing little boys. And I have a true love in my heart to want to make sure he has everything he could ever want or need! I love buying for people to the point that if I have money, I would much rather buy other people gifts than myself. I tend to feel guilty when I spend money on myself, but will spend it on someone else in a heartbeat. So being I had gotten a few items while shopping and was having no such luck on finding anything I liked for Trenton at the moment, guilt was kicking in. Oh no, be assured that the finds in GAP instantly made up for the guilt trip so no returns or exchanges were forced to happen during this shopping adventure! :)

This was such a good weekend! I love when David and I get to spend so much time together and him not be totally wore out from work! Even though he works long hours and is tired every single day, he will still go do whatever I want. But it was nice for him to be able to actually enjoy himself too! He works so hard in order for me to be able to focus on school, and our home life as a family and not have to work in between it all. For once in my life, someone actually cares more about me than they do themselves. I was actually so used to being on the back burner for so long in other people's eyes that I actually have had to get used to the attention David gives me. Talk about a change for the better in life! A change that has made me the happiest girl you could ever meet! I no longer feel the need to be around a group of people all the time in order to convince myself I am not lonely, nor do I feel like I have to be on the go all the time to keep the cracks in my mind and heart filled in order to not feel a void. The only void in my life is when I "avoid" people who are no longer any good to my mind, heart, or life. No, my life may not be the textbook version of perfect to other people, but at this point in time, it couldn't be anymore perfect! A hardworking,loving,charismatic,funny,intelligent,generous,good looking, astounding husband, along with the sweetest, most loving, tender hearted, quick witted, smartest, good looking son, and not to forget a mother and brother who are always here for me no matter what the situation is. Now, are you going to tell me it doesn't get any better than this??? You can try, but at this point in life, I'm like a 17 yr old. Invincible to world around me, and nothing is going to break me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment