Monday, December 6, 2010

on. off. on. off. on. off. on. off. on. off. on. off.

Life has been crazy and hectic but life is definitely GOOD! I don't think there has honestly ever been a time in my life to where I am as content as I am now. I love my family, my husband, Trenton Lane, my house, school, friends.. just everything in it right now! For once, I am completely surrounded by the people who care most about me, and feel as if I am appreciated for who I am, and what I am able to do for people. It may not be a lot but at least I try! :) And I cant help but look at couples that are off and on like light switches and wonder how in the world they can say they enjoy that aspect of their life? If you have facebook, you know what I am referring to! People will ask you to pray for their relationship to work with their significant other, and then the very next day they are getting married, and then 3 days later they are broke up, and then asking for you to pray for them all over again. I mean, who really would want to live with a relationship like that? That's not a happy couple in my opinion! And yes, I have been in a few horrendous relationships and it took me longer than it should have to realize some things about the relationship... but by golly, when I learn it, I hold onto it. I can now spot a red flag in a person a million miles away! And when I do... I RUN! Haha! No seriously though- I do look at these couples and of course you will compare and contrast them to your relationships, and I can honestly say I am so very grateful to have someone like David in my life. He is the first person to ever make me feel like I am worth something, and has given me more self esteem than I have ever been able to have in my life. We don't argue at all! No, we are not perfect by any means! Meaning, of course each of us do things that may get on the others nerves at times. BUT- there is NEVER any cussing, or yelling towards each other at all. I honestly don't know if I could handle David ever actually yelling at me. We've been together 4 years and for us to go that long without it ever happening, I think I am safe to say, we make a great team! :) And back to the couples who need prayer.... instead of asking people to pray for your relationship to work, why not ask them to pray for you to be able to see what needs to be done, and to be able to make the right decision about your relationship? Makes more sense to me! But hey, who am I to make these calls for people? Obviously a marriage isn't going to work for them being that they break up all the time and can't stay together for over a 2 week period of time together... The person you marry is supposed to be the person you can't stand to live without. The person you want to spend the rest of your life with. The one you want along for the ride in life and to experience everything you experience. Oh well... what business is it of mine? It's not.. although I really had to get that off my chest this morning for some apparent reason! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment