Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh, Brother!

Growing up, the aggrivating never seemed to cease. I would bang and knock on my older brother's door while he and his friends were in there and beg for them to let me in. With me being 7 years younger than he, there wasn't much at the time that we actually had in common other than we lived in the same house, and had the same parents and pets. :) Of course as we have gotten older, the aggrivating hasn't ever really stopped (which I love), and although we may live a million miles from each other as it seems at times, we are really only that much closer. It doesn't matter what is going on in my life, I can call my brother and just tell him what is going on and he will drop everything and just listen to me. Even if he doesn't have the perfect answer for me, he always has the perfect ear for listening. And more times than not, he always has a word of advice that comforts me in whatever situation I may find myself in. I just wish that he lived closer so that we could experience more than just a phone call from each other. I miss the jokes we played on our mom, and believe it or not, I miss the rants we used to have when one or the other made the other mad. But hey, I guess it makes our visits to see each other that more appreciated in the long run! And when they don't... I do indeed catch myself huffing and puffing and sighing saying "Oh, Brother!" :)

And now it is the time of the year for the big let down to begin. I always get so excited and amped up over Christmas! I love buying things for people and being able to visit them and wear a nice sweater, and take a million pictures! Only bad thing is, when it's all done and over with, I have what you call the big let down. Nothing to look forward to for atleast another 5 months. You're asking what happens in 5 months? uh... SUMMER! I have like a snake in a hen house during summer. I love the sun, the tans, the water, the endless amounts of days I get to spend with Trenton, the longer days! Everything dealing with Summer, I love! And on top of summer being an exciting thing in 5 months, may also marks mine and David's 1 year annivesary! :) I can't wait! For one, David has mentioned that he wants to take me on our honeymoon this summer since we were married on the flood of the nation and couldn't get passed Nashville in order to get to go on our real one when we got married. And on top of that, we have mentioned that we may turn our honeymoon into our first family vacation. David and I have been on vacation, and I have been on vacation's with Trenton, but we have never been on a vacation with just the 3 of us! Feels good to call ourselves a family. It just makes everything seem right!

And tomorrow I get the privelage of going to New Albany to a big fancy new years eve party! David gets to wear his new suit, and thank to my brother, I get to go get a new sparkly dress! I have always wanted to go to a party where I got to where a pretty sparkly cocktail dress, but have never in my life had the chance to do so, So by my brother making this possible for me, it means a lot! I get to finally do what I have wanted to do since I turned 21!! And on top of it all, I get to ring in the new year with a best friend that I don't  get to see nowhere near enough! My brother saved the day, and it truly means the world to me! :) Big brother's always save the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment