Saturday, December 11, 2010

Introducing.... the New kids onnnnnnnnn the Block

Well, I thought I was going to be able to mark #18 off of my bucket list... but I don't get to. News of The New Kids on The Block coming to Nashville was heard, and needless to say, I got as excited as I did when I was 5 listening to them! But after trying to figure out money for christmas and that, it isn't going to happen. But hey, what can I really complain about? Trenton will have Christmas gifts and that alone beats the excitement of going to see NKOTB anyday! Although, I have to admit, I am dieing to go see them one last time! And as I WAS disappointed over not being able to buy tickets this morning for it, although David said something to me last night that made it all okay to me... When we were talking about how much the tickets were, he told me to go on and buy one and go with my friends and he would just stay home. What? Did I just hear him right? So I asked what he meant by stay home? He then proceeded to tell me that he actually had plans on going with me.. and that of course they are not a group he has ever cared for by any means, but he likes to experience things with me and wanted to go to see me all excited and in awe over them. I have to say it was one of the sweetest things I had ever heard. Oddly enough, when hearing about the concert, I actually had a thought run through my head "I wish I could talk David into going with me" but I let that hope fall off the cliff fast by assuming that he wouldn't be caught dead at one of their concerts! So to hear him tell me the things he was saying, and listening to him tell me that even if he doesn't like something, he will never hold me back from getting to experience it, and likes to go with me anyway because he enjoys going places and doing things with me... it soon made the disappointment go away and the warm feeling of love swarm my heart. Needless to say, I am "okay" with not going to the concert. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason whether or not I ever know what the reason may be, and I truly believe me not getting to go to the concert happened for a reason. If we had figured out the money to just buy the tickets, then I may have never known the way David feels about doing things with me. And to that, I am actually grateful for the circumstances of not getting to go see my favorite childhood band in which I still have all 5 barbie dolls of, and in which I had the lunchbox, all tapes of their songs, and all concerts on tape from pay-per-view, along with the bedsheets, pajamas, cups, posters, sleeping bag, button pins, etc... :) AND- my title to this blog does have a meaning, for that is how they ALWAYS introduced the new kids on the block as they came out on the stage :)

1 comment:

  1. i cant believe david would even consider going with ya to their concert...i figure he wouldnt be caught dead there. to bad you couldnt get the money, we got some awesome seats

    ReplyDelete