Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thanks, Trenton got it for me!

If you remember, my last post consisted of me having a horrible guilt trip over getting Trenton upset over the Christmas gift shop at his school. Remember my big fuschia ring he got me? If so, great! You've done your homework on me! :) If not, you are about to soon learn about it.

First, let me start by saying that I have wore my ring everyday since I recieved it. I absolutely love it! And apparently, people around me also do! I have recieved more compliments about my ring than any other piece of jewelry I have ever worn! I had 2 compliments just tonight!  And don't for a second think that Trenton has not been quick to inform them on just where is came from! Rest assured that he has gotten the biggest smile with every compliment recieved and assured everyone that "he got it for his mommy for christmas because he just knew his mommy would love it when she seen it!"

Having a child has made me so appreciative of the smallest things in life. The goodnight hugs and kisses, funny tales, a hold of my hand crossing a street or parking lot, sweet, sweet chuckles, the look of excitement in his eyes, snuggling while watching tv, and not to forget the never ending compliments he gives me daily. I never dreamed that the things I cherished most in life would be those that cost not a penny. Of course, I do realize that as he gets older this things will soon start to fade, so don't for a second think that I take them for granted! Trenton and I have always had a very special bond and I pray that it continues over time through out his life. I have had a many of fears when it comes to him. The thought of not getting to see him through a horrendous custody battle is always the main one that comes to mind... I used to hold a lot of resentment towards people when it came to that event in my life, but just over the past year, I have been able to let go of that feeling and most be thankful for their ignorance on it. Because of them scaring Trenton and I to death that we would possibly be seperated from each other, it only made us closer. Trenton may only be 8yrs old. But let me tell ya, he is no fool! One may think that at 5 yrs old, he wouldn't know what was going on and wouldn't look at things like an adult would, but Trenton did. He knew exactly what was happening and what was at stake, and even he at the time, began to show appreciation of us being together. Now, It's a wonderful feeling knowing that we have always been close, but have been even closer since that time. He's my biggins, my bub, my T-Lane, my heart. He's my world and the reason I wake up every morning. I can't imagine what life would possibly be like without him in it! Miserable, depressing, boring, and lonely are a few ways that come to mind. Ways that definitely would not make me a happy person who enjoys life as I do now with him being a part of it! And it all goes back to me describing my love for him, in which if you are a mother you understand. Even if every mother wants to think their love for their child is stronger and truer, *wink* :) I promise it doesnt get any stronger than it is at this end of the computer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment