Saturday, July 23, 2011

what if's and what has

I might become a rambler in about 17.4 seconds so beware!


Yes, I realize life has changed and I am only getting older each year when it is a Saturday night, Trenton is at his dads, and I am sitting on the couch watching TV instead of being out and about socializing like I used to do..... And while watching TV, I couldn't pass up the chance to watch the Natalie Holloway story. I remember keeping up with the news about this girl when it all first happened and somehow am just now getting around to watching the movie about her. So far, its a really good one but as I have been sitting here and watching this, so many things have ran through my mind. I think about all the times me and my girlfriends were out having a good time, and having a few drinks while dancing the night away. There was always some guy that just fell into the trap of long eyelashes blinking slowly at him across the room with a plan of getting free drinks for the night. :) They fell for it. Every. Time. But is a free drink really worth what the outcome could be? For all we could have known, any one of those guys could have been a serial murderer or rapist. A soul with no soul. A body formation only. Waiting. Waiting for that right girl to blink that long extended blink at them just that one time to let them know she noticed them. And although we always thought it was harmless fun and we all knew we weren't going to leave with them, that doesn't mean we were clear of bad luck. Those guys could have waited for us to go to the car, followed us home, anything. Just name it. You just never know. I actually was always so paranoid of men that when I met David, I actually refused to go on a date with him alone for the first time. He is from Atlanta, so in my mind all I could think was that I didn't know him and had nobody to ask about him. He could have been anyone or anything if I must say it like that. So our first date was in fact a double date to Nashville! :) haha!! Luckily, I was proved wrong about my assumptions of what he may or may not have been! Way, way, way wrong!! And luckily, I can say he turned out to be so much more than I ever dreamed of him being! =)

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe I almost forgot!! The New Kids on the Block concert!! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!!! It was absolutely the best concert I have ever been to in my life! Hands down! The best! I had the best time!! It was so fun to act like I was 6yrs old all over again!! Yes, I still remember every word, and every single dance move!! haha! I was always a Joey fan and let me tell ya, when he came out and opened his mouth right off the bat, I nearly had a mini stroke on the spot! I was recording the first little bit and it is hilarious to watch because you see all of them standing there and everyone screaming for them, and then when Joey steps up and starts singing the camera goes down and you can hear me going crazy! =) Plus, as if the concert wasn't the greatest, I also got to enjoy the experience with one of my best friends, Jen! A good treat for us both since she lives in Indiana and I don't get to see her often enough at all! And of course when the cat is away, the mice will play! LOL!! So she and I went to 4th street live and hung out at Sully's for the remainder of the night where apparently every other girl that was leaving the concert went because it was nothing but a tit fest up in there!! But, there is one good thing about that.... They knew we were new kids fans so they kept the new kids music going for us! haha!! And apparently, I enjoyed it all too well because on the way home I was trying to text Jen's bf Jay, and it was supposed to say "we're on our way" but it was "qrpm; 0hf" or something of that sort! haha! I laughed and laughed when I saw that!! And I moaned and moaned the next day because I sure haven't felt that bad I don't think since my Bachelorette party!! Now, that night was a drunken adventure! So drunken that I couldn't even get a single drink down me at the wedding the following weekend! I was still recuperating from the bach party a week later! Hey, what can I say? I'm not a big drinker and I hardly ever, ever, ever drink...so yeah, you know where I am going with this one! =) Long story short... best night ever in a long time!! Which, I would have given anything if I could have called my brother. =( When I was excited, he would get excited. Now, now, don't get me wrong, He def would have had a couple little quirks to throw at me being it was the new kids but it would all be love and fun and games like always between us. I remember when I very first started this blog, after a few I made a bucket list in the making on one of the blogs and Derek read it and took it as serious as I do.... new years came, I didn't have the money to get a new dress and was just going to make something work and actually had told Derek I had to figure something out... what's he do? He calls me on the eve of new years eve and tells me to go to walmart. He had sent me $150 to buy a new sparkly dress, and after getting all giggly and excited and thanking him, before hanging up, he said "Hey sis, wait!" after saying "yeah?" and pausing for a reply, he said, "Be sure to mark wearing a sparkly dress to a big party off your bucket list" I don't think I will ever part with that dress. No matter how old, or how many times I move, I will always keep it hanging in my closet. I never dreamed that would be one of the last things my brother ever got me.... and I know he didn't dream it either.... But on my bucket list was also to go see NKOTB. He would be excited to know within 7 months, 2 things have already been marked off my list.

Speaking of Derek... I have to get my emotions in check and get his art show in the works. He and I used to talk about how bad it sucked for artists. They never became famous until after they were dead. Nobody cherished their work and gave them the credit for it while living but their art became everything once they were gone. I stood at Derek's casket and promised him I was going to take his art and make him famous. So far, I haven't had the strength to even go through them and work on it. But, I'm feeling that sooner than later, way sooner than later, I am going to get it up and going. I think I have came to the conclusion that if I keep waiting until my emotions aren't as strong about him not being here, then it will never get done so I just need to keep in mind the promise I made him, and show him that I meant it. So when I am able to get the details, I will be sure to let everyone know. And once I do, if you can tell someone you know and tell them to tell someone they know, maybe his dream of being a famous artist and my promise to him that he will be, will come true. Gosh how I pray it happens for him! So if any of you know by chance what I need to do in order to help this happen, please, please, please let me know!!

And finally, one last thing to tell ya and I will hush hush! =) Last night, Trenton informed me out of the blue that last year in school while on the playground the boys in his class voted me as the "hottest mom of the classroom" haha! At least someone thinks I'm hot! lol No seriously though, when he was telling me this, I didn't know whether to laugh or sit there in shock!! I asked him what he thought about it and he said "Oh mommy, I already know you're pretty! but I don't like the boys saying you are!" so sweet the way he said that to me! And I couldn't help but wonder what it will turn out to be like when he is a teenager. I could just hear some teenage boys saying "Hey! Lets go to Trent's house! His mom is freaking hottttt!" haha Just kidding!!!

FINALLY- seriously, I am done! Its amazing how I really don't know what intent I have behind these blogs when I log in and start one but I somehow manage to keep going and going. I guess when you are a talkative person, you tend to talk a lot typing also. =) Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment