Saturday, June 16, 2012

Knock 3 (errrrr 2) times.

Lately, I've found myself wanting to blog more about things that have happened in my life compared to pretending it is a diary to release all of my emotions. Today is one of those days, I must blog about my day of adventures. So here goes.. try to keep up! :)

Today, I decided to take a small road trip with my mom to visit her side of the family in which most, I have not seen in years. Trenton and her have made visits, and actually were up there (breckinridge county) just 2 weeks ago, and apparently Trenton had a blast and that has been all that he has talked about! Especially getting to go fishing with his uncle steve. Which, let me add that he is not really his uncle, he is his cousin. It is my great aunts, son in law. Funny thing is, Steve's sister in law, my great aunts daughter, Charlotte, is who i have always referred to as my aunt charlotte instead of a cousin. Still to this day, instead of just calling her charlotte, or even reminding myself she is my cousin, i still call her aunt charlotte. So for the irony of Trenton called steve his Uncle, its actually pretty cool since I too have always done the same with my cousin charlotte. :)

So, Trenton, mom and I load up and head out this morning around 10:00 am. First stop, Mcdonalds for some breakfast. Trenton insisted on us sitting outside at the tables in the playland so guess where we sat? outside. While sitting out there and watching Trenton toss little fries to the birds and watching them demolish them (yes, it is a known fact everyone loves Mcdonalds french fries now), we found this little missing limb from a lizard or something. After eating, thank goodness. Anyways- I walked inside to get a cup of water and I actually for some reason noticed this little boy with his mother in line. Naturally, didnt think a thing of it. After getting my cup, I headed outside on the outside part of the fence surrounding the playland in order to smoke (horrible habit not only I but Trenton and my mom hates and being I cant smoke in my mom's car, it was time to get one in before the near 2 hour ride) While standing on the opposite side of the fence, I had trenton take a coffee stirrer and flick the little lizards missing foot in my direction in order to take a pic. Bent over taking the picture, out of nowhere I feel this horrible pain between me eyes and raise up to see a foot. At first I thought it was Trenton and in my mind, it was racing with thoughts as to what would make Trenton do such a thing being he is not that type of kid at all. Upon looking up, i notice it is not Trenton but is in fact the little boy I had seen standing in line with his mother. There he stood with his hands wrapped around the iron fence poles, face pressed against it, and his leg extended out of it as if he had the nerve to kick me again. I tell you what, i have never in my life had any urge whatsoever to say anything out of the way to someone elses child, but boy did I today! I looked at that child and said "YOU dont kick me! Do you understand me?! Dont you ever dream of kicking me let alone kicking me in my face again! where is your mother?" When asked where his mother was, the kid finally spoke up and said "inside" in a language i could barely understand. So, first thing this morning, i have a 6 year whoop my ass in the parking lot of Mcdonalds. What a way to start the day huh?

On the way to our destination, Trenton stayed awake and was as good as an angel. Which, hardly even do i ever have a single problem out of Trenton. He truly is a very respectful and well behaved little boy. So we get to our first destination, my aunt charlottes. Soon as we get there, Trenton starts having one of the worst melt downs I believe I have ever seen him have. All he kept saying while crying was " i just want to go home" which, was totally strange since he had been begging to go back up there in order to go fishing with his uncle steve. After talking to him, I finally managed to get him crying, but i by far did not manage to get his anger/temper tantrum under control. Thinking he would get over it, we all loaded up and headed to a store mom was wanting to go to. WELL, needless to say, Trenton's attitude was WORSE there than it was starting out at my aunts. I couldnt get him to quit mouthing about having to stand up in the store due to his legs being "nothing but bones and hard to hold him up", so he and I decided to go outside and sit. While sitting there I was talking to him trying to re-calm him, and right when I would think it was working, he would start up again. He couldn't stand in the store, and he couldn't sit in the heat. Go figure huh? To no surprise, I got frustrated which made Trenton even more frustrated. His solution to fix the problem was to just run away. Almost thinking it was funny, I started questioning on where he thought he would go and what he thought he would do for food. Wrong idea, made him even crabbier. So before I knew it, Trenton was walking past the car, and was starting to trot his little hot tail down the LONG gravel drive it takes to get up to the store. During this time, my mom came out an was done shopping, giving her the idea for all of us to hurry up and jump in the car in order to act as if we were leaving him there. Well, let me tell you what happened next... I went to jump in the back drivers back seat when I knocked the holy hell out of my head so bad, i literally and i mean i literally saw stars! I seriously had these black and sparkly spots in my vision, and to top it off, i hit my favorite very expensive sunglasses, making me think they had went through my eye ball and stabbed my brain. Seriously, all i could do was cuss like a sailor when it happened due to it hurting so bad. Of course my mom and aunt thought it was hilarious, which it absolutely was! After jumping in the car, we drive right past Trenton making him think we are leaving him and as I was looking through the back window, I literally saw the most pitiful thing in the world. His little hands went in the air, and then his entire body slunched over just like a little kid does when their feelings are hurt, and I saw him start walking back up to the shade that I tried so hard to calm him down under earlier. Of course nobody was leaving him, but we were just playing a joke! :) which worked! when mom backed back up the drive, he came running to the car terrified to death that he had been left. Although it was a great joke, and hilarious, I seriously felt so bad for his little heart at the same time! And then, the pain of my eye really kicked in. I literally hit my head right where your brow bone is so hard, to this minute, i can barely touch it. It is so swelled up and tender!!! And to top off having a swollen eye brow all day, it literally took me all day long to get my sunglasses straightened back out. Soon as I hit my head, my aunt had looked back to check on me due to me cussing the way I was and bust out laughing due to my sunglasses literally sitting crooked on my face. So, throughout the day, me trying to straighten my sunglasses and repeatedly asking her to look and see if I had them straight, became the laugh of the day.  And for the record, my brow is already a little off color which has me totally paranoid I am going to have a black eye that looks like David has beaten me. For the record, the car door frame beat me. Not David! :)

You would think after the almost being left incident happened, Trenton would have straightened up a little but let me tell you, hell no he didnt. SO, i found out in the car today, one thing to get your kid giggling and apparently one thing that makes my child happy is to tickle your feet while riding in the backseat with him. I let him do it off and on for 20 mins and he thought it was the funniest thing ever! Not to mention, I was dying laughing due to my feet being tickled! I am ticklish little squirt!

FINALLY, Trenton was in a good mood and thank god by the time we got to the next family members house, he was right back to himself and back to the sweet, loving child he always is. :) And guess who's house the next family member was? Uncle Steve's! So no sooner than we got there, Steve gathered all the boys up and they were headed right down to the dock on the pond to fish. Did I say boys? Oh, I forgot to mention me too! I promised Trenton that I would go fishing with him and of course, this mommy never breaks a promise! We fished for a few hours and were catching catfish and blue gill left and right. And to put the icing on the cake of making Trenton feel better, he caught the biggest fish! :) He was absolutely precious casting his rod out into the water waiting for a snag! Today was the first time I had ever been fishing with Trenton in my life and I am so thankful I decided to go, kept my promise and got to be a part of this adventure with him!

Trust and believe me, more than this happened today but a lot of it, you would never understand and a lot of it would cause this blog to be even longer than this, but today was filled with nothing but great memories and great laughs! Not only did I enjoy my time with Trenton, I enjoyed visiting the family I have not seen in years, and I especially enjoyed spending time with charlotte! She and I have always had a connection and it felt great to pick right back up where we left off years ago! Plus, she calls me "barbie doll" and tells everyone how I am her little barbie doll, so what girl wouldnt' love to be around someone giving them that great of a compliment and boosting their self esteem up?! :)

I wish I had more time and weren't so worn out from today so that I could tell these stories I have told you already in a little more detail, but this chick is wore out! Riding always makes me sleepy let alone a day of visiting, being on the go non-stop, and then topping it off with entirely too much to eat at Ryan's in Indiana. one promise i make to you though, if my eye has outward signs of the squishy, swelled up feeling it has right now tomorrow, I will def be posting a pic to facebook and showing the funniest shiner I've ever received off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment