Wednesday, April 6, 2011

This thought... I like!

I recieved a message the other day. One that made me cry while reading it, and one that literally touched my heart. This message was from a friend that I've known for years. One that I've always considered my very best friend, and always will. We may be a few years older, with a few more people to add to our list of responsibilities, along with school and houses to tend to, and even though our visits and phone calls are not as often as they used to be, she still in fact is my very best friend, and none less than she was when we were together nearly every single day. And although we dont talk as often as we would like, the message I recieved let me know that she is still with me every step of the way. That she still knows me better than any other friend. And that she still cares more than the next. After reading her message, I literally sat there speechless. It was so beauitful and heart warming to me, I had no words. Regardless of what I responded, it was going to be nothing compared to the message she sent me. It would be like comparing a banana chip to a hot fudge sundae pop tart. No comparison.

In this message, she wrote something to me that made me stop and think. Something that I could think about and accept when it came to Derek. Hope she doesnt get mad for me posting this... but here goes.

"I totally understand being angry with the fact that derek was taken away so prematurely while horrible people are still here on this earth when they themselves dont deserve to be but think of this way, maybe the Lord took derek for that simple reason, he was too good for this filthy world we live in. things here are getting worse and worse every single day and even though derek was a great son, brother, uncle, and friend, i believe the Lord took him as a reward for being that way, God knew he had made such imprints in people lives already with is love and always kind words and advise that he would in fact never be forgotten here on this earth and now he is in a paradise that we all long to be in, nothing like anything on this earth, something so amazing we cant even imagine the way it really is."

Now- this is a thought I like. A thought that I want to think when it comes to Derek. The first thought of why he was taken that I can see myself accepting. Amazing how it just takes that one person paying attention to you, and knowing you and I mean really knowing you, to help lighten your heart in a forever way. And just as amazing as the way this thought made me feel, she is too!!!!

1 comment:

  1. hhhmmm, its so crazy how things can change in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete