Sunday, April 22, 2012

facebook.... and then they are blessed.

Facebook. The world in which everyone gets to be the person they wish they were. The world in which nobody has struggles, nobody has secrets, and everybody is blessed. I in fact could start a riot with what I am about to go into, but oh well, let the frenzy begin! =) Lets go back to the part where everybody is blessed. I am sure there are aspects in EVERYBODY'S life that makes them feel blessed, and I am sure there are instances that occur in one's life that makes them realize their true blessings. But, I feel that the people that are always, always, always, posting about how blessed they are, really truly do not feel that way. It's almost as if they truly are trying to cover the cracks in their life by assuring everyone that they are something that they are not. I know that you all have seen these postings by people that you know outside of the this perfect facebook world, and know different than what they post to the one's that dont know the truth to the depths of the cracks in their life. Dont get me wrong, I count what blessings I have every single day, but I do not and will not ever claim to have the perfect life. What is the perfect life? There is no one particular thing that makes life perfect. To some, the perfect life would to be rich. Others might be to find their one true love. Some, it may be both, and a bag of cookies. Who knows if this perfect life even exist? To think about it, I'd probably say not. Simply because the rich always want to be richer, the pretty always want to be prettier. Is anybody ever truly satisfied? Sure, we can maintain a happiness with what we have settled for at the moment, but there is always the longing to have more. Dont worry, it's a natural occurrence embedded in a single strand of DNA, activated the day you are born. It's part of being human. We are our worst enemies. We criticize ourselves to the core, and criticize our neighbors to the grave. Therefore, this is a very natural thing to feel this way, to want more, to long for more. Some make it, and some dont. Amazingly, the one's that usually make it in life never brag about it. They never assure people of what they are and what they aren't. But the one's that have done things you'd think you'd only see in movies, are the one's that assure the world of the their love and kindness. Not to forget, these are the people who are "blessed". Is blessed what you have? Or is it how you feel? We all say we "count our blessings", but I don't sit and count what I consider a blessing. My blessings come from my heart. I know people that consider their blessings what they have. Oh they have a new car. They are blessed. Oh, they have a new computer. They are  blessed. Oh, they have a new decoration. They are blessed, Are you kidding me? This is what makes me want to deactivate my facebook and live in the real world that once existed before the world population got so hung up on playing make believe. Don't get me wrong, not everybody on facebook is like this. At all! But, it just eerks my nerves to the core to the one's that do act this way. If you think about it.... if these people are wanting this so call perfect life they are so blessed with, but truly don't have a lick of anything that slides off their gritty tongue, you'd think they would have something in them to go and get it wouldn't ya? I mean, they dont care to find the drive to get it out of someone else, so why wouldnt they take that drive and work on getting somewhere in life for themselves? It's sad. Very sad. But not sad enough for me to have enough pity for them to join the poor pity parties they throw themselves once they shut down, and close their existence to their perfect life. Yes, facebook is a handy tool that allows people to connect to people in their lives that they would have never got to connect with. It's great for the people that you dont get to see very often. It's great to read when you are absolutely bored. And it's great at making you hate the one's you love. lol And what I mean about that is just reading the post and status updates about people that you've known for years will get on your nerves at times. They want to go far too deep into their life talking about bodily functions that make you gag a little bit while reading it. They inform you of when their last bowel movement was, what they had for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. They let you know how many times they went to piss and how many squares of toilet paper it required to wipe. They let you know every single thing they are doing during the day and where exactly they will be which is probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard due to anybody could break into their home and take what they'd like becuase they would know exactly where this person is, and exactly when to expect them to be home. It's ridiculous honestly! It allows people to talk smack about each other and say things that they know good and damn well they'd never say to a person's face, and it allows them to continuously look into your life when they declared you were no longer welcome. (how bad did they really want you out of their life if they are always checking in on you?) It allows an infatuation for people that have never met or talked anywhere other that comments on posts on facebook. If you truly wanna get even deeper into it, it has turned man against man. It has consumed people's lives and caused more hurt and pain than any person going around town talking crap. I've gotten way off topic.... like crazy cat lady off topic and i am refusing to erase this and start over. =) No im not crazy although this post obviously has led to that direction a slight bit, i'm just up entirely way too late and past my bedtime, and the wheels in my head are rolling. Rolling enough I believe I have smoke coming from my ears... Sorry, no, that's the smoke from the cigarette that I am smoking and that I can't seem to quit smoking no matter how much I tell myself I am going to. =) Hey- there is another example! These people that keep telling themselves that they are blessed... no matter how much they say it, it isnt going to change the fact of the truth in their life, just like no matter how much i tell myself I am gonna cut back and quit smoking, and I never do. But as I end this sleepy, rambling, chaotic, out of my realm of what i normally blog about, let me tell you one thing to keep in mind. Maybe Facebook is the anticrist everyone is expecting this year. =) hehe. just kidding. maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment